Numerical simulation (CFD) of the flow through and around technical components
- Flow simulation in the automotive, aerospace, mechanical and plant engineering, energy and medical technology sectors
- Quick insight into fluid physics
- Support in product development e.g. through
- Analysis of pressure losses
- Flow guidance, separation
- Determination of forces and moments
- time dependent fluctuations
- noise minimization
- Multiphase flows, mixing processes
- We offer customized and cost-effective software solutions based on OpenFOAM with our software package InsightCAE (web interface, automated calculation processes).
Provision of HPC resources
- More than 10 years of experience in using OpenSource software (e.g. OpenFOAM, Code Aster, Elmer, ...)
The simulation of sloshing in tanks provides information about forces and moments. It is possible to consider external forces in coupled simulation with moving grids. The calculations can be automated with InsightCAE. Minimization of the resulting forces and moments at different filling states.
Simulation of particle-laden flow including erosion effects with combined Euler and Lagrangian methods (Lagrange Particle Tracking). Design changes to avoid deposition, design of clean rooms, Analysis of particle concentrations...
Berechnung und Auslegung von Flügelprofilen, strömungsinduzierte Schwingungsanalyse mittels Fluid-Struktur-Koppling (FSI), Optimierung der Profilgeometrien, Flow over complex terrain, urban environment,...
Wall Bounded Flows
Simulation of flow control in technical components. Analysis of pressure and friction losses, improvement of flow control through automatic and parametric optimization using DAKOTA.
Stationary and transient mixing of single-phase and multi-phase fluids. Determination of substance concentrations in forced and free flows. Dispersion of pollutants in rooms and in the environment.
Simulation of stationary and transient compressible flows with energy supply. Simulation of exhaust systems including elbows, catalytic converters, particulate filters and orifice plates. Influence of compressible effects, porous media on flow control, optimization of uniformity ....
CFD Software Development
Preparation and case setup for the flow simulation with the open source software OpenFoam for customer specific tasks. Our InsightCAE software enables fast and automated pre- and post-processing for robust flow simulation at the customer's site. Installation of InsightCAE software including OpenFOAM on Windows and Linux computers, implementation of software add-ons, provision of computing resources (HPC) and support ensure fast and reliable simulation results.
Talk to us.